Post-Doctoral Fellow Opening in Translational Biomedical Optics at the Massachusetts General Hospital
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine/Department of Pathology
Employer: Massachusetts General Hospital
The Hariri Optical Imaging Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research group at Massachusetts General Hospital. The focus of the laboratory is on the design, development and clinical translation of optical coherence tomography (OCT) for the detection, diagnosis and assessment of pulmonary diseases, including lung fibrosis, lung cancer, and inhalational lung diseases.
A highly motivated, independent, innovative and organized individual with an interest in translational optical imaging and medicine is sought for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position. The appropriate candidate will work in a highly collaborative research environment that aims to translate optical imaging devices for the detection, diagnosis, and assessment of pulmonary diseases. The position will involve planning and conducting in vivo clinical imaging studies in patients, ex vivo and preclinical validation studies, image processing for data analysis, and device development using polarization-sensitive OCT for diagnosis and longitudinal assessment of lung disease.
- A doctoral degree in Biomedical Engineering, Bio-Optics, Biophysics, Biology, or related fields
- Experience with pre-clinical or clinical imaging, with an interest in translational research.
- Experience with optical imaging and/or similar imaging modalities. Experience with fiber optic systems and components is preferred.
- Experience with image processing is desired, but not required
- Experience with Matlab and Image J or other image processing software is desired, but not required
- Experience with pre-clinical or clinical imaging processing and data analysis is desired.
- Applicant should be self-motivated, independent, organized, and able to work well in a multidisciplinary collaborative hospital research environment.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their detailed CV accompanied by a cover letter addressed to Dr. Lida Hariri at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line.