Senior Algorithm Scientist Opening at Optovue Incorporated
Seeking an expert in algorithm design!
As the Senior Algorithm Scientist you will be responsible for the design and implementation of image processing algorithms for ophthalmic diagnostic devices and applications.
You will develop prototype algorithm/software to facilitate clinical research and evaluate clinical images/data to assess feasibility and optimize algorithm.
Additionally, you will develop algorithm and support feasibility evaluation for prototype and commercial systems development.
This position will work with cross functional teams including R&D engineers and scientists with a wide array of backgrounds as well as interacting with clinical and scientific collaborators from within and outside of the company.
- Plan, design, implement, and optimize algorithms for ophthalmic imaging systems according to customer requirements.
- Design advanced, reliable, and efficient algorithms for registration, segmentation, analysis, classification, and visualization of medical imaging data.
- Implement, integrate, optimize, and verify algorithm performance following company’s product development SOPs.
- Plan, design, and implement new features and functions in prototype software or in product software according to marketing and clinical research requirements.
- Collaborate with other groups to resolve algorithm and software issues.
- Interact with outside scientific and clinical collaborators to manage ongoing algorithm development/feasibility evaluation activities
- Develop intellectual properties for new algorithms and new features.
Optovue led the initial commercialization of spectral domain Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) starting in 2006, which revolutionized the way eye disease (primarily disease that leads to blindness) is diagnosed and managed. An OCT instrument and its embedded software obtains sub-surface images of translucent or opaque materials at a much higher resolution than other imaging modalities such as MRI or ultrasound. It offers eyecare physicians significant benefits in helping to diagnose and manage patients suffering from macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and other macular diseases, and anterior segment diseases.
Optovue designs, develops, produces (direct and CMO), markets, distributes, and supports all of its products. We are now ushering in the next generation of OCT innovation by applying the results of years of OCT clinical studies, advances in image capture and computing speed, new imaging algorithms, and machine learning. We are expanding the value of OCT to address the vision care needs that have been underserved by the earlier generations of OCT, and we are expanding its availability globally with automation, ease of use and affordability.
Optovue’s installed base now numbers 12,000 customers worldwide in both the ophthalmology and optometry market segments. Our customers range from highly specialized retina physicians to general optometrists and include prominent hospitals as well as small clinics. We have established sterling brand recognition as the innovation and customer service leader in the industry. After years of R&D investment we are preparing for significant growth as we commercialize new products.