Assistant professor (post-doc) in the Department of Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems at Polish Academy of Sciences
We encourage applicants for Assistant professor (post-doc) position in the Department of Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems at Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS, Warsaw, Poland. This position is a part of the RETURNS project funded by the Polish National Agency For Academic Exchange (NAWA). The Return Project is targeted at development of enhanced polarization contrast optical tomography to improve the outcomes of automatic localization and characterization of malignant tissue
- PhD degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, physiology, biology, or similar; or equivalent industry experience;
- Track record of achievements relative to opportunity;
- Experience (2-4 years) in at least one of: optical coherence tomography, optics experimentation, optical microscopy, optical design, signal processing;
- Written and verbal skills in the preparation of high-quality publications, presentations and reports.
- Practical skills in constructing optical devices;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of personnel at multiple levels of expertise;
- Proficiency in English;
- Mobility in his/her scientific career (including completed research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry);
- The number of citations of the candidate's work;
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of inventions.
The successful candidate will:
- closely cooperate with a project leader - dr Karol Karnowski and his collaborators;
- conduct research on the developments in the area of polarization sensitive optical coherence tomography.
- a full contract (till the end of project, i.e. 31.12.2022);
- competitive salary (up to 12 565 PLN/month gross, depending on experience);
- opportunity to work in interdisciplinary research department;
- possible collaboration with research partners;
- Possibility to take part in ERASMUS+ projects.
- Curriculum vitae & motivation letter;
- Scan or photocopy of the candidate's MSc diploma and, if applicable, PhD degree;
- At least one recommendation letter (highly desirable);
- If applicable:
- List of publications (5 most important publications for last 5 years);
- The number of citations of publications without self-citations, the h index;
- List and description of research projects (application, implementation), which were headed by the candidate or where he/she was the main researcher;
should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2019. Kindly specify in the application topic: Recruitment no. 29/2019.
One candidate will be chosen. Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview. The competition results shall be announced in Early July 2019. Expected start date of working in-situ is July/August 2019.
The Institute is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
The controller of your personal data is the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw, NIP: 5250008755 (the "Institute"). The Institute will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with the Institute, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of the Institute (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) - depending on the circumstances.
You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing.
More information is available on the Institute's website. http://ichf.edu.pl/gen_inf/gen_en/GDPR%20-%20General%20Information%20Cla...