Postdoctoral Research Scientist Opening at Colgate-Palmolive
Colgate-Palmolive Global Technology Center located in Piscataway, NJ, USA, seeks highly motivated postdoctoral research scientist with excellent background in research and development of cutting-edge medical diagnostic devices and sensor technologies for next generation oral and personal care applications. Candidates with strong background in optical imaging/sensor and mechatronics systems for biomedical applications are preferred. Applicants will work closely with various external collaborators and will spend a significant amount of time to develop and investigate novel sensing and imaging devices and algorithms for next generation clinical and consumer level applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement hybrid opto-mechatronics sensor fusion platform and applies methods for extracting quantitative biometric information.
- Collaborate with external partners and other team members to ensure smooth integration of the sensors into consumer devices to ensure functionality.
- Program real-time embedded systems to support signal processing for the devices and application.
- Implement advanced machine learning platform and signal/image processing algorithm on high-performance cloud based computing platforms.
- Keep updated with the latest information in the field of new improved techniques, sensing technology, signal processing and machine learning algorithms, which may be applicable to next device design.
- Be flexible to take any role to integrate the system and ensure functionality
- Develop a cloud computing framework for big data analytics.
- Research and develop features to allow for the expansion into different oral/ personal care sensor technology concepts.
- Provide periodic technical reporting and documentation of development.
- Present technical results at leading conference and publish in flagship journals.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. in Biomedical/Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer science, Optical Sciences/Engineering, Mechatronics, and Applied Physics related discipline.
- Strong experience with optical sensors, imaging device and inertial measurement systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in signal/image processing, algorithm development for image analysis using high-level programming languages, such as C/C++/Python, MATLAB, CUDA, etc.
- Experience in programming with MUC’s and SoC’s.
- Machine learning programming experience on graphical processing units (GPU) and/or high-performance computing platforms will be considered as an added qualification.
- Be able to initiate and think independently and work effectively in a dynamic & cross functional working environment with strong organizational skills.
- Be a self-motivated scientist who works well in a team environment with scientists and engineers holding a variety of different backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills. Be able to communicate complex technical results effectively to technical and non-technical personnel in oral presentations and writing documentations.
For more information about this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recent resume attached.