Postdoc Position at Vanderbilt University
The Bowden Laboratory for Biomedical Optics (https://lab.vanderbilt.edu/bowdenlab), as part of the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Vanderbilt Biophotonics Center, develops optical imaging and sensing technologies for clinical and basic science applications, with additional interest in the development of low-cost and portable technologies for low-resource environments. We seek a new postdoc with expertise in programming and computer vision and an interest in biomedical applications to join our lab for an exciting project to poised to make a major impact in the medical fields of urology and gastroenterology.
The proposed project builds on previous work from our lab based on the following publications:
- Lurie, K. L., Angst, R., Zlatev, D.V., Liao, J.C. and A .K. Ellerbee Bowden , “3D reconstruction of cystoscopy videos for comprehensive bladder records,” Biomed. Opt. Exp. 8(4), 2106-2123, (2017).
- Lurie, K.L., Angst, R., Seibel, E.J., Liao, J.C. and E llerbee Bowden, A.K ., “Registration of free-hand OCT daughter endoscopy to 3D organ reconstruction,” Biomed. Opt. Exp. 7(12), 4995-5009, (2016).
The successful candidate will have strong programming skills and be creative, independent and highly motivated and independent. Expertise in machine learning is an additional plus. Positions are available immediately; the anticipated project duration is two years.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Travel as necessary to work with ongoing collaborators at Stanford and Harvard.
- Advanced programming skills in Python and C++ required. Experience with Matlab, LabView and/or Visual C++ (or similar languages) are extremely helpful. Must demonstrate evidence of ability to learn new skills independently.
- Willing to mentor students in the lab; conduct research activities in a timely manner; research and apply new knowledge of advanced computer vision algorithms; assist with experimental design and workflow; perform, troubleshoot, analyze and publish studies; and contribute to securing new sources of funding.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills and be willing to work cooperatively in teams.
- Experience and interest in the design, construction and operation of working, optical systems preferred.
To apply, please send an electronic cover letter to Dr. Audrey Bowden (a.bowden [AT] Vanderbilt.edu) with “PF Application” in the subject line. Upon submission, you will be asked to complete a formal application as well as send your CV and transcript. Postdoc Ad #190102