Product Development Engineering Opening at Opticent Health.
Opticent, Inc. (Opticent Health) is a start-up company commercializing an in-house developed patent portfolio related to visible-light optical coherence tomography (OCT) targeting the ophthalmic market.
Opticent Health’s core technologies were initially developed at Northwestern University. Since its founding, Opticent Health has experienced rapid market adoption of its OCT instruments and rapid commercial expansion. Opticent Health is located in Evanston IL, part of the greater Chicago metropolitan area.
The company’s management team, with guidance from its prominent advisory board, is expanding its engineering staff and seeks highly qualified personnel for the following position:
Product Development Engineer (software focus)
- B.S or M.S. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant programs.
- Project experience in mechatronics or embedded system programming is required.
- Proficiency with designing software that integrates data acquisition, data processing, user interface, and data visualization.
- Experience with GUI design and programing is required.
- Knowledge of optical coherence tomography is preferred.
- Experience with LabView and Matlab is preferred.
- To interact closely with clinical customers, Opticent Health engineering team, and collaborating teams to design, develop, and optimize control software package for Opticent’s OCT systems.
- To design, develop, and optimize image processing and visualization software package for end users.
- To support selected clinical collaborators to conduct both basic and clinical investigations.
- To maintain and support Opticent’s IT infrastructure. ○ Domestic travel is required up to 15%.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience. ○ Full-Time salaried or part-time hourly position depending upon experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan offered for full-time salaried positions.
- 401(k) for full-time positions.
- Paid Time Off for full-time positions.
- Equity participation may be offered, depending upon experience and salary expectations.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, latest CV, and salary expectation to Dr. Kieren Patel, CEO, at email@example.com.
Opticent, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by law.