Systems Developer in Optical Coherence Tomography Opening at Perimeter Medical Imaging
As the Systems Developer in OCT at Perimeter Medical Imaging Inc. you will be an integral contributor to a small, dynamic, cross-functional team devoted to developing surgical imaging products in a fast-paced and fun start-up office located in downtown Toronto.
Your main area of responsibility will be the imaging aspects of an intra-operative optical tissue imaging device. Your primary focus will be troubleshooting, improving and optimizing the current Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) imaging hardware and developing new hardware solutions which align with the overall clinical and business objectives. Day to day duties will include troubleshooting existing systems, developing system test protocols (including assembly and manufacturing tests), proposing hardware solutions, sourcing parts, prototyping, testing and documentation as required.
The successful candidate will be someone who understands OCT theory and is eager to apply it to real-world messy situations, within real-world constraints. Our products are designed for use in clinical settings by non-technical personnel (i.e. nursing staff and clinicians).
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing imaging systems (includes travel to systems in the field)
- Develop new OCT hardware solutions for future products
- Keep abreast of advances in the field of OCT and other relevant optical technologies
- Work closely with other team members to ensure optical considerations are met by system architecture
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide optical input for design and development documentation, including but not limited to: requirements, architecture, and risk management file
- Design, draft and execute test protocols, write test reports
- Develop robust and straightforward manufacturing tests for optical subsystems
- Communicate developments and findings to broader cross-functional team
- Masters in Optical or Electrical Engineering, Medical Biophysics or equivalent
- Graduate research focused on OCT hardware development, or demonstrated equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform optical system design for OCT, including optical modelling, identifying and sourcing components, assembly, and test
- Experience with OCT image processing, including acquisition and reconstruction of image data
- Experience troubleshooting OCT hardware
- Ability to travel and work within the US
Highly Desired Qualifications:
Experience with programming languages such as C++ and Python
3+ years of industry related experience
Experience working in a small team or start-up environment
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey optical requirements and considerations to non-optical team members
Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to “think outside the box”
Self-motivated and self-directed
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
How to Apply
Potential applicants – if interested in this position please submit your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this position and any questions to: email@example.com. Please include in the subject line “Systems Developer- OCT”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please NO recruiters.
For more information click this LINK.
At Perimeter Medical Imaging Inc. we value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.