Senior Advisor in Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging Technology Opening at Perimeter Medical Imaging
As the Senior Advisor of Optical Systems Technology for Perimeter Medical Imaging, you will be an integral contributor and mentor to a small, dynamic, cross-functional team devoted to developing surgical imaging products in a fast-paced and fun start-up office located in downtown Toronto.
Your main area of responsibility will be developing the technology roadmap for an intra-operative optical tissue imaging device. Your primary focus will be on advancing the current state-of-the-art in Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and maximizing clinical image quality. Duties will include coordinating with multiple teams to determine clinical and business requirements and proposing and assessing possible design solutions.
- Developing a technological roadmap
- Provide recommendations to maximize image quality
- Keep abreast of advances in the field of OCT and other relevant imaging technologies
- Work closely with other team members to ensure imaging considerations are met by system architecture
- Participate in design reviews
- Communicate developments and findings to broader cross-functional team
- PhD in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Medical Biophysics or equivalent
- 5+ years of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) experience (10+ years of Medical Technology Development)
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated history of meaningful innovation in the OCT imaging space, through product development, patent applications, and/or publications on novel OCT imaging techniques
- Hands-on experience designing and building OCT imaging systems
- Experience working in a small team or start-up environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey optical requirements and considerations to non-optical team members
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to “think outside the box”
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Passion for development of medical devices
How to Apply
Potential applicants – if interested in this position please submit your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this position and any questions to: email@example.com. Please include in the subject line “Senior Advisor – Optical (OCT) Imaging Technology”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please NO recruiters.
For more information click this LINK.
At Perimeter Medical Imaging Inc. we value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs