Machine Learning Scientist Opening at Perimeter Medical Imaging
At Perimeter, we are working on advanced machine learning algorithms for medical image analysis applications. As a Machine Learning (ML) Scientist you will help develop novel deep learning solutions for our clinical device. We are specifically looking for candidates who are:
- Extremely comfortable and equally intrigued by explaining complex ML and AI concepts to team members with broad backgrounds in Engineering and Sciences;
- Are willing to accept and passionate about solving a broad dynamic set of challenges
In addition to developing deep learning approaches, your main responsibilities will include diving in deep with our clinical and imaging team to obtain and prepare medical image data, understand and make correct use of the clinical implications and pathology of medical image content, collaborate with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to define and produce accurate annotations, and be able to communicate ML ideas to our regulatory team for FDA submissions.
A few perks:
- New development
- Dynamic team
- Fast-paced environment
- Working with intellectually curious people
- Working on a project with the aim of improving patient care
You will spend your time:
- Designing and evaluating deep learning algorithms for a cutting edge medical imaging technology
- Implementing and evaluating state-of-the-art research in segmentation and classification of 3D medical imaging data
- Working with clinicians and scientists to ensure the correct information is being collected
- Keeping up to date with current research by attending machine learning conferences and workshops
- Performance evaluation and testing of algorithms and systems on representative clinical data
- Development of criteria for testing algorithm performance objectively from end-user perspective
- Support efforts to obtain regulatory approvals
- Support the software development team to transition prototype models into production-level code
The qualifications you need to help you to do the cool stuff:
- Masters or PhD in machine learning or other related technical fields
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in computer vision, medical imaging, deep learning, or statistical learning
- Strong experience in machine learning, including deep learning using convolutional neural networks
- Experience with programming languages (C++, Python) and software systems architecture
- Deep learning platforms (Pytorch/Tensorflow/Caffe2)
- Knowledge in medical imaging domain
- Experience with clinical evidence generation in collaboration with clinical partners leading to regulatory submissions (510(k) or PMA)
How to Apply
Potential applicants – if interested in this position please submit your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for this position and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line “Machine Learning Scientist”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please NO recruiters.
For more information click this LINK.
At Perimeter Medical Imaging Inc. we value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.