Position for Application Engineer in OCT, based in Shenzhen, China
AlazarTech, a manufacturer of high-performance, low‑cost PC-Based Instruments, invites applications for the position of Application Engineer to work in the Shenzhen office of Scott Engineering Ltd. to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical sales support to AlazarTech customers, test and calibrate AlazarTech products, and assist customers in adapting example programs supplied by AlazarTech to their specific needs.
- Communicating with customers to understand their application and matching it to the appropriate AlazarTech product
- Making remote and on-site demonstrations of AlazarTech products for customers (pre-sales)
- Testing and verifying products received from AlazarTech prior to shipment to customer, as added Quality Control
- Testing, verifying and repairing products received back from customers (RMA)
- Communicating with AlazarTech factory for complex repair tasks
- Writing custom software for customers to help them get started with AlazarTech products
- Assisting customers in setting up their AlazarTech boards in their PCs if necessary (after-sales)
- Assisting customers in troubleshooting their software (after-sales)
- Providing help in translating AlazarTech technical and marketing documents, and website into Simplified Chinese
- Assisting AlazarTech in procurement of various parts from China
- Learning all programming environments supported by AlazarTech
(C/C++., C#, LabVIEW, Python, MATLAB, CUDA, OpenCL)
- Assisting in providing monthly reports to AlazarTech regarding sales activity
- At least 2 years of C/C++ software development experience in university or work environment
- Understanding of OCT application
- Prior experience in using AlazarTech waveform digitizer boards in OCT application
- Prior experience in using data acquisition boards in PC environment
- Understanding of Personal Computer architecture (PCI Express bus, motherboard BIOS etc.)
- Experience in Windows and Linux
- Must possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Personable, presentable and articulate. Hard working, attention to detail
- Must be bilingual (Mandarin/English). Must be able to communicate with AlazarTech factory in English
- Knowledge of LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python, CUDA and OpenCL
Experience required: Candidate can be a fresh graduate, but must have programming experience
Education required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
Job type / status: Employee / Full time
For Further Information:
For further information, contact Scott Engineering Ltd. via e-mail at email@example.com. Mailing address is Scott Engineering Ltd., Room 306, YuFuHua Bldg. (Bldg. No.1), China Academy of Science and Technology Development, No.009 GaoXinNanYiDao St. NanShan District, Shenzhen, Guandong, P.R. China.
AlazarTech, headquartered in a suburb of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, provides high performance, low cost PC Based Instruments and software for customers involved in building OEM products, manufacturing test systems and research and development.
AlazarTech’s design team consists of engineers who pioneered PC-based instrumentation in the 1980s.
While AlazarTech manufactures some of the fastest PCI and PCI Express digitizers on the market, speed alone is not the differentiating factor. AlazarTech concentrates on providing usability features for its PCI and PCI Express digitizers that make them very easy to integrate into real-world OEM applications such as ultrasonic testing, medical imaging and radar signal analysis.
The key differentiation between AlazarTech products and the rest of the industry is AlazarTech’s Dual-Port Memory technology, which enables OEMs to create systems that can capture, analyze and store data in real time.
Customers can use AlazarTech products not only for R&D, but also deploy them in the field. Competitive products use single-port memory, forcing customers to stop acquisition in order to read data, thereby limiting their usefulness to R&D and algorithm development.
AlazarTech also works with selected OEMs to customize its products based on customer requirements.
The company's line of ATS PCI and PCI Express digitizers have been recognized by leading European, Asian and North American OEMs as being superior in quality to other devices on the market.
The company's products have found applications in industries such as medical imaging, metal inspection, defense, automotive and semiconductor test.
AlazarTech sells its products directly in North America, and internationally through a distribution network.
For more information on AlazarTech, visit www.alazartech.com.