Postdoctoral Positions Open in Neural, Cognitive, and Rehabilitation Engineering at University of Houston.
The Biomedical Optics Laboratory (http://bol.egr.uh.edu) in Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Houston, TX invites applications for one or more postdoctoral positions in the area of optical system development and image/signal processing. Experience in optical coherence tomography (OCT), optical coherence elastography (OCE), and Brillouin Spectroscopy areas is a plus. The successful applicants will join dynamic team to work in the area of OCT and OCE for projects such as high-resolution imaging of live embryonic development and biomechanics of tissues and cells. Excellent opportunities exist for collaboration with clinicians from Texas Medical Center. The ideal candidate will have experimental and computation/software development skills in optics and/or biophotonics.
- Development and maintaining of advanced optical imaging systems (such OCT, OPT, and light-sheet micrioscopy).
- Development of data acquisition, preview and analysis software for prototypes used for clinical studies. GUI design in object oriented design with C++, C.
- Provides high level troubleshooting support to hardware development team.
- Developing software to assist team for evaluation of newer sub-systems and components.
- PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Experience developing hardware and software that handled synchronized data collection and instrument control.
- Strong grasp of structured and clean programming with a focus on high efficiency and performance.
- A self-motivated team player who is comfortable and adaptable working in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
Highly Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong programming skills and experience in object-oriented design with C++ / C#, P/Invoke, memory management and profiling applications in a multithreaded environment.
- CUDA/GPU programming
- Experience in high speed data handling and management, GUI design, project planning and defect management
- Understanding of networking interfaces or standards (GigE, USB3 etc.)
To apply, please submit a cover letter (detailing relevant experience and career objectives), curriculum vitae (including GPAs), and names and contact information for three references to:
Kirill Larin, Ph.D.
Department of Biomedical Engineering
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-5060
The University of Houston (www.uh.edu) is an equal-opportunity employer.
Employer: The UH Biomedical Engineering Department started in 2009 with a core research focus on neural, cognitive and rehabilitation engineering, biomedical imaging and genomics and proteomics. The Department is poised for significant growth in the coming years, benefitting from an unprecedented UH initiative to expand biomedical research. Houston is also home to a number of renowned medical research facilities, all within ten minutes drive from the University. Houston itself is the 4th largest US city and considered as the preferred place to live due to vibrant economy, beautiful surroundings and a diverse population. Rated as a global city, Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in energy, health care, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation.