Application Engineer in Optical Coherence Tomography at Thorlabs Lubeck Germany
We are a world-leading manufacturer of photonics tools and systems and our products range from optics and opto-mechanical positioning components to sophisticated optical imaging systems. Our customer basis covers renowned research and development centers and industrial manufacturers from the biotechnology, medical devices, and automation fields. At the Thorlabs facilities in Luebeck, Germany, we develop and manufacture OCT (optical coherence tomography) systems for volumetric imaging. Due to our constant growth we are searching for an Application engineer (m/f) Optical Coherence Tomography.
Essential job functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance for customers regarding the applicability and the ideal use of OCT in diverse science and industry fields
- Planning and realization of application-related experiments and measurements
- Develop and provide customized OCT solutions, assist in the design of custom products
- Provide customers with demonstration, installation and training service
- Provide technical support via phone and e-mail, and during customer site visits
- Presenting our technologies at conferences and trade shows
The ideal candidate (m/f) for this position has the following qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in Physics, Optics, Opto-Electronics, or a related engineering field
- Good understanding in Optics, Mechanics and Electronics
- Ideally experience in tomographic imaging Interest in interdisciplinary work with a team of engineers and customers
- Willingness for moderate travelling
- Proficiency in both oral and written English - willingness to learn
- German Customer centered mentality
- Team Player
We are searching for creative and highly motivated individuals that support our customers in science and industry to realize their ideas and achieve their goals with our highly innovative product line.
We offer an exciting and friendly work environment with short and direct communication and a flat hierarchy, as well as the possibility to quickly test and apply new ideas. Join our highly motivated team of currently four application engineers – send us your application!
Please forward your resume including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations to: email@example.com