Software Engineer Position Open at PhotoniCare in Champaign Illinois
PhotoniCare, Inc. (www.photoni.care) is a medical device manufacturer located in Champaign, IL. Our mission is to improve child health and reduce healthcare costs by empowering physicians with better information. We are starting by developing technology that will change the standard of care for middle ear disease.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to develop front and back end software for our otology medical imaging devices.
- Full stack design and development of software integrating hardware peripherals in C/C++ on an ARM embedded computing platform. Includes data acquisition, image processing, and image display/GUI.
- Propose design ideas and verify ideas with rapid prototypes when necessary.
- Work closely with team to ensure seamless integration of software with hardware.
- Serve as point of contact with external software developers and contractors.
- Work with regulatory experts and develop within an established system that maintains high code quality via automated testing and frequent code reviews.
- BS (MS/PhD encouraged) in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Three years experience developing software to interface with hardware systems. • Expert developer for C++ Linux applications.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently.
- Ability to work in a timeline and milestone driven R&D environment • Excellent documentation practices and legible code-writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a regulated clinical environment is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Qt is a plus, but not required.
This is a flexible position that could be up to full-time with the potential option for remote employment, depending on the circumstances. PhotoniCare offers a fun and exciting work environment, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. Unfamiliar with the Champaign-Urbana area? Check out the following website: http://www.yourewelcomecu.com
Unfamiliar with our tech scene? Check out the following, from tech legend Robert Scoble: https://medium.com/@scobleizer/here-s-how-small-town-america-is-primed-to-beat-siliconvalley- in-innovation-3923049865ed#.zebjib7g4
Please respond with cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.