Postdoctoral Research Scientist Position at Colgate-Palmolive Company in Piscataway New Jersey
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet, Hill’s Prescription Diet and Hill’s Ideal Balance.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Location: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
Colgate-Palmolive invites applications to a postdoctoral research Scientist (PDRS) position located in Piscataway, NJ. This is a two (2) year fixed term of at-will employment.
The key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Develop imaging processing platforms and applied methods for extracting quantitative structural and functional information from high-throughput clinical optical imaging systems.
- Identify and propose approaches in signal/image processing, information-theory, statistical inference, algorithm development for implementation on high-performance cloud based computing platforms.
- Interface with clinicians, academic collaborators, and cross-functional groups to deliver an in-house web/cloud based platform for imaging processing and quantitative image analysis compatible with multiple imaging systems.
- Interpret and communicate complex experimental results to both technical and non-technical business partners effectively.
- Present technical findings to internal R&D community & management teams, external conferences, and document findings in internal technical reports, patent applications and/or external publications.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical/Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Optical Sciences/Engineering, Applied Physics or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated expertise in signal/image processing, algorithm development for image analysis using high-level programming languages, such as C/C++/Python, MATLAB, CUDA, etc.
- Experience in GUI tool development in addition to being familiar with data format conversion, display, delineation, and quantitative analysis of various 2-D and 3-D clinical images.
- Programming experience on graphical processing units (GPU) and/or high-performance computing platforms.
- Demonstrated ability for independent research with a strong publication record.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical results effectively to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience with optical imaging systems for biomedical and clinical applications.
- Image/signal processing, analysis skills along, software programming, algorithm development, and cloud/web-based GUI development in the fields of medical image processing, machine learning, and/or pattern recognition.
- Programming experience in software development tools and libraries, such as Visual Studio, STL, OpenCV, Caffe (or other deep learning libraries), ITK, VTK.
- Experience in the development of cloud/web-based applications and developing mobile platforms such as Android and iOS.
- Knowledge of patent searching, analyzing patents and writing patent applications.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information see this LINK.