PhD Student Position in Optical Coherence Tomography in Biomedical Research at the TU Dresden, Germany
Within the scope of the junior research group “Optical Technologies in Medicine”, new methods in optical imaging are transferred into medical and clinical application. The research is focused on optical coherence tomography and other optical methods for the diagnosis of different diseases. The PHD student will join a group of medical scientists, engineers, information and natural scientists.
- You hold, or to be about to receive before starting the contract, a MSc degree in physics, optical engineering, electrical engineering or related areas with high interest in optical imaging. (up to 4 years after MSC degree)
- You have good programming skills in LabView, Matlab, etc.
- You offer knowledge about the analysis of image data.
- Your experience in the medical field would be of advantage.
- You have good command of written and spoken English.
- You have a high interest in interdisciplinary cooperation.
- Your interpersonal skills include team spirit, clear communication skills, creativity and open-mindedness.
- 65% part-time employment , expected duration of 3 years following the recommendations for TUD PhD program
- Start date: August 1 st , 2016 (asap)
The application must include:
- Full curriculum vitae including all your relevant academic, professional, and other achievements, experience and knowledge.
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions, with certified translations in English
- Statement of purpose: Why the applicant wants to pursue a PhD, what are your academic interests, how they are related to your previous studies and future goals
- List of representative publications or technical reports (if applicable).
Deadline for application is July 17th, 2016
Please apply via online application form (“Jetzt online bewerben!”) or via email: https://www.uniklinikum-dresden.de/de/jobs-und-karriere/stellenangebote/wissenschaft/wissenschaftlicher-mitarbeiter-doktorand-w-m-4
Prof. Edmund Koch (email@example.com)
Dr. Lars Kirsten (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Julia Walther (email@example.com)
We also accept applications via mailing to:
Technische Universität Dresden
Faculty of Medicine Carl Gustav Carus
Clinical Sensoring and Monitoring
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Edmund Koch
01307 Dresden, Germany