Imaging System Developer Conavi Medical Inc. (formerly Colibri Technologies Inc.) - Toronto, Canada
Conavi Medical is a Toronto-based medical device company that develops technologies to image the heart during surgery. We are entering an exciting stage of growth, and are currently recruiting a Medical Device Developer to support our R&D team with operations at our 12,000 square foot facility near Hwy. 401 and Leslie. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented individual who is ambitious, hardworking and wants to contribute to the future of healthcare.
- Assist with design and development of a hybrid intravascular ultrasound and optical coherence tomography imaging system - including console and catheter
- Develop electromechanical subsystems
- Develop optical systems and probes
- Design experiments, analyze and interpret data, and document conclusions
- Very strong investigation skills, drive to understand and solve problems
- Support verification and validation activities
- Adhere to requirements of a 13485 certified Quality Management System
- Support regulatory filing to various government bodies
Experience and Qualifications:
- Prefer 3-7 years of experience with Medical Devices
- Experience with Medical Imaging
- BASc. degree engineering, biophysics or related discipline, M.Sc./PhD degree an asset
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team
- Willingness to work in labs, manufacturing areas and office environments
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills; critical thinking skills
- Experience in an ISO 13485 environment
- Excellent grasp of optical fundamentals and components
- Grasp of optics and / or ultrasound fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic designs, mechanical drawings.
- Experience in medical/imaging probe design is an asset
- Experience with designing Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) systems is an asset
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.