Staff Software Engineer Opening at Luneau Technology / Optovue
Job Title: StaffSoftware Engineer
Date: March 27, 2021
Department: Software Engineering
X Exempt □ Nonexempt
Type of position: X Full Time Part Time Contractor Temporary
Optovue, Inc. (Fremont, CA), a subsidiary of Luneau Technology, is an ophthalmic device company dedicated to working with eye care professionals, doctors, and researchers to improve patient care through sustained technological innovation. The Advanced Development Team at Optovue is primarily responsible for identifying, evaluating, and developing cutting-edge technologies in the field of ophthalmic and optical imaging. Innovation is firmly entrenched in our DNA, and we take pride in the fact that Optovue has pioneered disruptive medical imaging technologies including spectral-domain OCT and OCT Angiography that have been revolutionizing the field of ophthalmology. We remain passionate about generating, prototyping, and evaluating new concepts and ideas that would make a difference in the diagnosis and therapy of ocular diseases.
This position is an important part of a team of engineers and will provide hands on software design of graphic utilities for medical imaging, analysis, 2D & 3D image visualization, printing, data storage and databases.
- Responsible for implementation, integration, and testing software modules.
- Rapid Software prototyping
- Continue to improve the performance for the current software.
- Provides high level troubleshooting support to product development and customer support teams.
- Participate with system design to meet medical device SW standards.
- Planning, designing, and implementing from software requirement specifications.
- Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
- Improve the current GUI to accommodate an interface with the application’s user in an intuitive and simple manner.
- Education: BS/MS/Ph.D. degree in software engineering or computer science.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in GUI design and implement experience in MS window-based .NET framework. Strong GUI design with model view control concept and tools (ex WPF) and knowledge in object-oriented design with C++, C#, MFC and familiar with image processing, image display, XML.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in rapid software prototyping. Demonstrate strong skill in memory management, multi-thread and client/server networking programming experience. Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, Object-Oriented/AOP architectures and development principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Intel’s IPP and Nvidia’s CUDA is highly desired.
- Working experience with VTK is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical imaging DICOM, HL7 standard, cybersecurity and databases are a plus.
- Good communication and documentation skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, ability to solve complex problems and multitask.
- Comfortable and adaptable working in a dynamic, high-paced environment. Self- motivated, excellent attention to detail, and ability to deliver under tight schedule.
- Demonstrated success in system or software design and development in a small team environment.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com with Software Engineer in the subject line.