Optical (OCT) Physicist Opening at Cylite Pty Ltd
Cylite is a technology company operating at the cutting edge of optical imaging systems for ophthalmic and related markets. We are in the process of launching a highly innovative product based on Hyper-Parallel Optical Coherence Tomography (HP-OCT) for high-speed imaging of the eye. Production of these instruments is done at our cleanroom facility, using highly sophisticated optical alignment and manufacturing processes. The company is based in Notting Hill, Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and provides a collaborative, inclusive, and stimulating work environment. We are looking for a talented Optical (OCT) Physicist to join our R&D team.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the Cylite optics team developing the next generation Ophthalmic 3D imaging instruments and report to our Head of Optical Design. The role will have responsibilities including:
- Building and testing next generation optical imaging systems and subsystems.
- Assist the development of signal processing algorithms for advanced high resolution optical imaging systems.
- Developing and optimizing algorithms and test procedures to calibrate and to qualify instrument performance.
- Arrange with mechanical design team to release drawings to manufacturers and co-ordinate with suppliers to prototype lens designs.
- Optical design from specification to review and final test of components.
- Tolerance analysis and manufacturability
- Develop a high level of personal expertise on the Cylite OCT optics design, construction of optics assemblies and all corresponding documented processes. Gain a thorough understanding of the underlying Optical Physics and its application at Cylite. Tolerance analysis and manufacturability
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Optics degree, physics degree, or equivalent. PhD and Graduate level applicants welcome.
- Prior optical system build experience; demonstrable skill in the fine adjustment of precision optics.
- Hands-on experience using optical test instrumentation. Knowledge of interferometric optical systems.
- Algorithm development and data analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly document the work & designs.
- Python or Matlab programming experience in signal and data processing. A passion for precision and quality & strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills: can collaborate effectively with team members and give training to production technicians.
- Industry background will be highly regarded, and additional desirable skills include:
- Understanding of mechanical design & considerations for implementation of optical components into systems.
- Image processing experience. Experience with optical design software (preferably in Radiant ZEMAX / Optical-Studio).
- Experience with geometrical optics, physical optics propagation, theory of diffraction, polarization optics.
- Prior experience in a high-technology manufacturing environment and preferably in an optics-related industry.
- Rapid prototyping experience (for additive manufacturing processes).
If you have what we are looking for please forward an up-to-date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role.
Please - no calls to our Office.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted so thank you in advance for your interest.
For more information see this link: https://www.seek.com.au/job/52833377?