Post Doctoral Opening in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine/Department of Pathology at Massachusetts General Hospital
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine/Department of Pathology
Employer: Massachusetts General Hospital
The Hariri Optical Imaging Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research group at Massachusetts General Hospital. The focus of the laboratory is on the design, development and clinical translation of optical coherence tomography (OCT)-based microscopic imaging devices for detection, diagnosis and monitoring of pulmonary diseases, including lung fibrosis, inhalational lung diseases, post-COVID lung disease, and interstitial lung abnormalities.
A highly motivated, independent, innovative, and organized individual with an interest in translational optical/diagnostic imaging and biomedicine is sought for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position. The appropriate candidate will work in a collaborative research environment that aims to translate optical imaging devices for the assessment of pulmonary diseases. The position will involve planning and conducting in vivo clinical imaging studies in patients, image processing and data analysis, machine learning-based disease detection, and novel imaging device development using polarization-sensitive, doppler, angiography, and elastography OCT for diagnosis and longitudinal assessment of lung disease.
- A doctoral degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Optics, Biophysics, Biology, or related fields
- Experience with pre-clinical or clinical imaging, with an interest in translational research.
- Experience with optical imaging and/or similar diagnostic imaging modalities. Experience with fiber optic systems is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with image processing in MATLAB/Image J is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with pre-clinical or clinical image processing and data analysis is preferred.
- Experience with Python/C++ and deep learning frameworks is preferred, but not required.
- Applicant should be self-motivated, independent, organized, and able to work well in a multidisciplinary collaborative hospital research environment.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their detailed CV accompanied by a cover letter addressed to Dr. Lida Hariri at email@example.com. Please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line.