Senior Software Engineer Or Software Engineer Opening at PhotoniCare
PhotoniCare is a fast-growing VC funded MedTech company with a mission to improve health outcomes using cutting edge technology. We have developed the first FDA-cleared OCT-based imaging system, TOMi Scope, for assisting diagnosis of ear infections, a condition that affects 80% of children.
The company operates with a philosophy of providing a fun, exciting and collaborative work environment for all team members. PhotoniCare also makes dedicated efforts towards professional and personal growth of all its team.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team and lead the efforts related to development of TOMi Scope software that interfaces different hardware peripherals, performs high-speed signal/image processing, extracts information using machine learning and provides a user-friendly interface for the medical setting.
- Maintaining all stacks of TOMi Scope software with help of external and internal technical team.
- QML based user interface.
- Hardware control and interface in the Linux environment on a single board computer. Hardware elements including high-speed cameras, displays, general purpose input/output, wi-fi and others.
- Signal and Image processing algorithm implementation in C++.
- Machine learning algorithm implementation in C++.
- Interfacing with the external software consultants.
- Interfacing with the internal manufacturing team.
- Maintaining appropriate requirements, design, verification and validation documentation as required by FDA and ISO 13485 standards. Qualifications • Excellent coding and programming skills, and strong problem-solving capability.
- Strong background in C++ programming.
- Experience with Linux operating system and application development on ARM-based single board computers.
- Preferred experience developing applications using QT.
- Preferred experience with Medical Device software development and related processes.
- Expected to be a good team player, with positive outlook and collaborative nature.
The position falls under the technical growth ladder. The candidate demonstrating appropriate performance and skills shall proceed as follows with increasing level of responsibility.
Software Engineer -> Senior Software Engineer -> Senior Software Engineer II -> Manager/Principal Engineer
Each promotion step is expected in a period of 12-18 months on demonstration of commensurate performance.